Introduction to Continuing Professional & Leadership Development (CPLD)
Continuing professional and leadership development is important because it delivers benefits to you as a professional, your school and more importantly your pupils
- CPLD ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of others in the same field.
- CPLD ensures that you maintain and enhance your knowledge and skills needed to deliver high quality teaching and learning to all pupils, including those with SEND.
- CPLD ensures that you and your knowledge stay relevant and up to date. You are more aware of the changing trends and directions in the teaching profession. The pace of change is probably faster than it’s ever been – If you stand still you will get left behind, as the currency of your knowledge and skills becomes out-dated.
- CPLD helps you continue to make a meaningful contribution to your team. You become more effective in your school. This assists you to advance in your career and move into new positions where you can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- CPLD helps you to stay interested and interesting. Experience is a great teacher, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Focused CPLD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.
- CPLD can deliver a deeper understanding of what it means to be a professional, along with a greater appreciation of the implications and impacts of your work
- CPLD helps advance the body of knowledge and technology within the teaching profession
- CPLD can lead to increased public confidence in individual professionals and their profession as a whole